Location: Prince George, BC
Our client is recruiting for a Process Engineer for their refinery in Prince George. This person will identify plant vulnerabilities, frame business opportunities, resolve process issues in a timely manner, and work effectively as a team with area coordinators, environment, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and develop the day-to-day operating targets and specifications of the refinery responsible units identifying and communicating any deviations and corrective actions required.
- Identify and communicate unit performance capabilities through mass and energy balances, process simulations, performance test runs, catalyst evaluations, and vendor/specialist consultations.
- Participate in multidisciplinary plant wide and corporate initiatives related to reliability, safety and the corporate standards and procedures of the Operational Integrity Management System.
- Participate in process hazard assessments for responsible units that are initiated by the management of change process, engineering work requests and unit PHA revalidations.
- Involved in planned and un-planned outages including troubleshooting, shutdown support, initial/final process equipment inspections, found work, and startup support.
- Participate in responsible units Root Cause Analysis and incident investigations utilizing Sologic and other investigation methodologies.
- Provide process engineering support to evaluate, generate and identify feasibility of Engineering Work Requests (EWR) based on personnel safety, process safety, process reliability, unit efficiency, and profitability.
- Work effectively with operations to make continuous improvements to plant safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position’s responsibilities
- 4-8 years’ experience
- Minimum 2 years of operations engineering experience preferred
- Exceptional data analysis and interpretation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Working towards a Professional Engineer designation recognized by EGBC or APEGA
- Able to complete multidisciplinary initiatives in timely manner
- Knowledge of ASME and API codes and regulations
- Previous experience working in a Refinery or Upgrader facility would be considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Demonstrates personal and process safety
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance