Energy Resourcing are recruiting for a Process and Safety Engineer, for a permanent position for one of our EPC&C clients based in Darlington, who specialize in providing engineering services in the hydrocarbon, petrochemical and energy industries on a number of global projects.
- Production and checking of design project deliverables on time and to budget
- Preparation and maintenance of process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, equipment/line lists and process data sheets for process equipment and instrumentation using SmartPlant P&ID software
- Carrying out process and safety equipment sizing calculations such as piping/instrument sizes, pump capacity/duty, heat duty, vessel sizing, fire water demand, etc.
- Preparation of process safety drawings for access/egress, layout, etc.
- Support for preparation of process/safety documents including design basis, process description, design philosophies, safety study reports, alarm and trip schedules and operating/commissioning procedures
- Checking or reviewing documentation supplied by client, vendors or other contractors and reporting findings
- Presenting and examining design work in P&ID, HAZOP and other safety reviews
- Following Company working procedures in the development of design documentation and in the use of SmartPlant Engineering Environment
- Liaising with designers/draughters for development of process/safety drawings
- Communicating issues encountered in design to own and other disciplines to ensure the efficiency of the project team
- Sharing ideas for continuous improvement within own discipline, Engineering Department or the
- CompanyWorking with other disciplines to ensure that the design intent of the project is achieved
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical and/or Process Engineering, as accredited by IChemE
- Working experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries
- Process aspects of more than one of the project phases from conceptual study through FEED and EPC to commissioning and operation
- Fire protection systems utilised in the Oil & Gas industry
- Trained in use of SmartPlant P&ID