The Principal Telecoms Engineer reports to the manager and support development of a Telecoms Engineering Group. Strong leadership, decision making and influencing skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets.
Broad knowledge of telecommunication systems in the oil and gas or petrochemicals industry is required with a number of years experience as a lead engineer in a multi-disciplined role is preferred, but relevant Telecoms industry experience will be considered.
Supervise and Lead a team of engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large sized projects assuming entire responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Responsible for providing prime technical interface and interaction with Client for successful resolution of discipline related scope and technical issues.
- Responsible for planning, managing, prioritizing and scheduling workload and various project activities related to discipline scope.
- Reviews alternative methods and solutions for complex telecom engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical option to achieve the design objectives and international standards e.g. ITU / IEEE / IEC etc.
- Manage the development / preparation of telecom system schemes and identification of telecom equipment specifications & interfaces.
- Excellent knowledge of the IP Telephony, Public Address and General Alarm, Data Networking, Optical Transmission , Radio and Wireless Communication Systems design.
- Also has experience on plant security systems like Video Access Surveillance System, Access Controls and Identification Management System and Intrusion Detection System.
- Innovatively applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses engineering studies and reports within the discipline e.g. Optical power budget calculation, Radio coverage study and PAGA Acoustic coverage studies.
- Degree in or equivalent, in a relevant telecommunications engineering subject.
- Self motivated, ambitious, telecommunication professional
- Extensive technical skills and knowledge.
- Good organisational, planning and project management skills
- Sound commercial understanding and good cost management