Energy Resourcing is currently recruiting on behalf their internal partner looking for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join the Aberdeen project team on a PAYE or Staff basis.
This role will offer remote working, with some visits to the Aberdeen office required.
- Provision of technical assurance across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in the MDR.
- Leading and coordinating the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule.
- Create CTRs, manage discipline budget for the project and highlight project changes.
- Checking and approval of discipline deliverables.
- Awareness of and ensuring compliance with key UK Health and Safety Legislation
- Preparation and managing implementation of project Hazard Management Plan, Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Oversee and participate in Technical Safety Reviews such as Inherent Safety, HAZID, HAZOP, Cause and Effects, LOPA, Layout Reviews, Human Factors Engineering, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Provide the Technical Safety Engineering input to relevant functional safety lifecycle phases in line with IEC61511.
- Manage 3rd party consultants, interpret outputs, summarise findings and implement recommendations from specialist Technical Safety studies including F&G mapping, CFD Explosion Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Firewater Hydraulic Assessments, etc.
- Ensure correct specification of blast and fire loads for critical equipment based on consequence modelling studies.
- Develop and manage implementation of safety design philosophies (EER, Fire Protection and F&G Detection).
- Identify, and manage impacts to Safety and Environmental Critical Elements and Performance Standards
- Perform/manage consequence modelling studies as required by the project.
- Recommend where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To act as the Technical Safety SME on the project work package, supporting the project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- Oversee/supervise junior engineers and manage overall team productivity.
- Project planning, progress reporting and ensuring discipline deliverables are issued as planned.
- To support other Worley offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., HAZOP Chair.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in Technical Safety is essential
- Chartered Engineer and member of a recognised institute
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas desirable.
- Must possess TUV FS Engineer certificate.
- Proven track record for Leading a team of Safety Engineers
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Participation Experience
- Experience in software commonly used by the discipline (Phast, exSILentia, Pipenet, Flaresim, Reliability Workbench, etc.)
- Good soft skills as Client facing position
- MSc in Process Safety and Loss Prevention or Safety and Reliability Engineering
- EPCm experience
- Ability to travel
- Good communication and team working skills