Energy Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Principal Safety Engineer on a Permanent basis.
Our client operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working.
This role will initially be based at our clients office in Epson, but will be transferring to a new office in Surrey.
- May work either as a lead RSE engineer or reporting to the lead engineer (larger projects) on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project
- Can be technically responsible within a project for all RSE engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from consultant RSE engineer and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients and senior management
- Supervises, reviews and checks the RSE activities
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change
- Participates in factory acceptance tests
- Participates in multi-RSE engineering design reviews and provides all necessary RSE input and support to the close-out of actions
- Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the man hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the RSE TDR
- Can be responsible for the planning/scheduling the RSE activities and identify manpower requirements through the project. Liaises with RSE group manager for allocation of resources
- Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements
- Ensures compliance with the clients ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards
- Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with RSE group manager
- May support group manager in the recruitment process
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by RSE group manager
- Typically supervises a team of RSE engineers to address all RSE specific requirements within the project which could be an Energy Transition/ Low Carbon (Hydrogen, CCS, Waste to Fuels) or traditional Energy project.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets
- May undertake discrete specialist studies/ technology reviews under supervision
- Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency
- Supports the project management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client
- Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting
- Supports the RSE group manager with the development of RSE engineers and ensuring technical excellence
- Accountable to the lead engineer or project engineering manager (depending on size and nature of project) for delivery of RSE deliverables in the project environment
Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or Post-Graduate RSE qualification. Chartered status preferred. Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas or New Energy/ Low Carbon industry.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
- In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
- Activity scheduling and RSE priorities
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Cost awareness
- Proactive approach.
- Alertness and attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Planning and forecasting