Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Structural Engineer to join their client's London project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis leading a large complex offshore FEED project.
As Area Lead of the substructural team, you will be responsible to perform jacket design ensuring technical consistency, managing risk and change, and delivering the engineering deliverables within the scope assigned. Liaison with other structural team members across the client's global offices to deliver the tasks within allotted timelines and budgets. The work will also involve liaising with other disciplines, clients, and 3rd party contractors and coordinating.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Commitment to and promotion of the client's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience working on offshore FEED/detailed design engineering projects.
- Experience as a structural engineer involved in a jacket FEED engineering project with sound technical background and expertise.
- Preferable to past Middle East project experience and good knowledge of the local design statuary requirements.
- Proficient user of SACS/SESAM of software a prerequisite.
- Proficiency to perform non-linear FEA using ABAQUS and USFOS is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest revisions of offshore design codes such as ISO 19901, EN 19902, or API 2A.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work in an office-based role.