Senior Principal Structural Engineer
Location: Charleston, WV
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Senior Principal Structural Engineer for the Charleston office. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead large projects and communicate with clients, PM's and other teams of Civil / Structural designers / engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful C/S principal engineer will be responsible for analysis and design of structures and their foundation that comply with ASCE, AISC, IBC, and ACI.
- Design steel and foundations for pipe rack, structure, equipment support and tall framed structure.
- Prepare structural detail design that complies with AISC and ASTM standard.
- Lead the sole project and can direct the design requirements. Review and check the drawings and direct the designers as required.
- Demonstrate a strong background in discipline work and a strong understanding of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices.
- The ability to coordinate between different disciplines and offices is the must and if required must be able to coordinate with the clients.
- Review design specifications, project construction, installations, technical support, and evaluations.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Civil/ Structural Engineering
- PE license required. NCEES certification is preferred
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Familiar with IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, AISC and PIPs
- Capable to lead team of civil/structural engineers & designers
- Proficiency in civil/structural software such as STAAD Pro, STAAD Foundation, Mat3D, RISA 3D and Connection Design
- Familiar with Tekla, Navisworks, AutoCAD and Office tools.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance