Principal Structural Designer - Iron Ore Project
- Flexible work arrangements
- Enjoy a varied & challenging role
- Career development opportunities beyond this role
- Perth based
Be part of a Resource Portfolio discipline group that is delivering several major projects across our various clients. The team is currently delivering a major iron ore project as well future supporting pre-feasibility and feasibility studies that are posed to be executed as new greenfield projects in the near future.
My client is looking for talented individuals to bring their structural steel work and concrete design experience gained either in the iron ore industry or other related industries, to help us deliver and execute a long life and highly complex iron ore mine of the future as well as other non-ferrous facilities for other clients.
- Reporting to the discipline manager, you will part of talented team of structural engineers and designers to deliver of all structural related elements relating to material handling facilities as well other wet processing plant both within as well as outside of WA.
- Lead a team to develop 3D model including potential management of data-centric work flow
- Producing 2D drawings using Microstation or Autocad from 3D models.
- Carry out detail checking of steel and concrete drawings, if required.
- Lead the coordination of work share between various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its Customer's requirements.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer
- Awarded a 2 or 3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 13 years plus experience in structural design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Prior experience of leading a designer team in a medium to large projects is essential
- Experience in concrete design including checking is essential
- Experience in Resource Sector is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Technical and Industry Experience
- Worked in a project with a 3D modelling work flow
- Extensive experience in Microstation is required.
- Sound knowledge of 3D package Prosteel is required
- Knowledge of other packages such as Tekla will be viewed favourably
- Knowledge of E3D or PDMS will be viewed favourable for future projects
- Prior experience in detailing of concrete reinforcement is advantageous
- Worked with team with diverse background