Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Structural Designer to join their project delivery team in Aberdeen on 12 month contract basis.
- Preparation & checking of structural design deliverable.
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks.
- Checking of Construction Workpacks.
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions.
- Knowledge of welded & bolted connections.
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D.
- Proficient using Navisworks.
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations.
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software.
- Ability to prepare Structural Estimates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports.
- Ability to read and understand client specifications.
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work.
- Ability to travel offshore / onshore sites and carry out surveys.
- Preparation of site sketches.
- Ability to prepare survey reports.
- Understanding of rigging design & installation practice.
- Understands the principles of safety in Structural Design.
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to prepare COG calculations.
HNC or relative experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of brownfield oil and gas projects.
Working knowledge of PDMS.