Senior Principal Piping Designer
Location: Louisville, KY
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Senior Principal Piping Designer for the Louisville office. The ideal candidate will lead or assist in the delivery of design and drafting services. Along with managing the piping design team, the lead would also have other responsibilities including the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a lead you will need to have a full understanding of the scope, overall schedule, deliverables, milestones and coordination procedure, Develop man hour estimate
- You could be asked to participate in the Interactive planning meeting to help develop schedule development to establish major milestones
- Maintain Critical ISOs and CAR items
- Review all FCRs & ATO Requests and assign resources based on skillset and schedule.
- Manage peer reviews on all projects
- Develop a staffing plan to satisfy budget and schedule
- Determine line count and estimated isometric quantities based on P&ID's
- Be knowledgeable of client procedures, and project procedures and specifications
- Establish design areas within the unit/area of responsibility
- Identify and request information in the form of a 'Needs List' to maintain schedule.
- Monitor and utilize the Master P&ID MOC (Management of Change) log to identify scope change
- Utilize 3D model (PDMS/E3D/Navisworks) review software to monitor design quality and progress
- Review and approve deliverable prior IFC issue
- Coordinate the design effort with other engineering disciplines
- Set up and ensure the Deliverable Verification Plan is followed.
- Participate in all design reviews for the project.
- Piping drawing office and field Checking experience is also a plus.
- Piping Designer with PDMS/E3D & Field experience to perform Field Walk down of existing P&ID's, shoot elevation with level & tripod, Locating tie point dimensionally, and Routing pipe through existing facilities. Bring that back to the office and inputting the field data into the PDMS/E3D model.
- Some projects will utilize laser scanning so experience locating tie point in the scan, and routing pipe through existing facilities within the scan and PDMS/E3D will be required.
- Experience with executing projects within existing facilities with lots of obstructions and other design constraints.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Piping Design
- Minimum 5 years PDMS Design and Draft experience
- Minimum 5 years Bentley/Microstation experience
- Must be capable of leading piping portion of design package for review meetings
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of PID's for Production design
- Must be able to provide Piping Isometrics utilizing PDMS design software
- Must be able to provide Pipe Support/Hanger packages
- Must be able to provide a comprehensive Material Take-Off
- Must be able to provide field assistance during design, planning and construction phase
- Must provide piping related expertise to CSE engineers and FLS personnel as required
- Must be able to verify Manhour estimates of design for cost control
- Required to engage in Constructability Review with work groups
- Coordinates/Integrates piping package with other design disciplines
- Required to Perform Peer Reviews for other piping designs
- Required Safety program and presentation participation
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint is a plus
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance