Apply NowApply Now
Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Project Engineer to join our client's London project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a large Gigafactory project which is purposely being constructed for our client. The Project Engineer will cover key Project Engineering activities during the FEED and EPCM phases.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost-effective, and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical coordination interface with the client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Actively support the client's One-Way program and ensure there is an HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements including those documents required in design and procurement activities.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of the world's best health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing, and regularly reviewing systems, strategies, standards, and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs).
- Establish, maintain, and build healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identify, document, communicate and meet the client's requirements.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within the client's total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the contract.
- Apply an effective change control process.
- Contribute to the development of the overall project schedule.
- Supervise work by the approved schedule
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends, and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to compliance with the client's policies and procedures.
- Utilise, as appropriate, strong working knowledge of the client's engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Focus the relevant team members on the achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems, and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Regularly provide clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely, and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Visibly support risk identification and mitigation throughout the project.
- Set clear objectives for the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensure the design team is aware of and complies with, the client's Basis of Design and apply regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Assess procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specifications, are delivered on time, and are within budget.
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Eligible for Certified Practising Project Practitioner (CPPP) certification or equivalent.