Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Process Engineer with Dynamic Process Simulation expertise on behalf of our global energy leader. This role is offered permanently, working from our client's Aberdeen project delivery team or remote basis.
The successful Process Engineer will work on a variety of projects, involved in process control systems, liquid surge (water hammer) assessment, compressor anti-surge control testing, HIPPS response times, heat exchanger tube rupture, and any other weird and wonderful dynamic issues that a client may come up against. Working under the mentorship of our dynamic process simulation Subject Matter Expert, you will lead several dynamic simulation projects.
- Be the Lead Engineer on a dynamic process simulation study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
- Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, analysing results, and preparing reports.
- Supervise and develop junior engineers
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
- Understand the client's requirements and contribute to winning bids for work.
- Engineering degree, honours, or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent.
- Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects.
- Experience using Hysys Dynamics and/or Unisim Dynamics as well as PipeNet and/or Wanda or similar liquid surge (water hammer) programs. gProms or Aspen Custom Modeler experience would be useful as would software coding with Net/VBA.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
- Cost awareness.
- Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards.