Apply NowApply Now
Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join their Glasgow project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large oil refinery project based in Grangemouth. The successful candidate will provide process engineering services to our client including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
- Deliver process engineering services that meet the client's applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage, and if required supervise process engineering project requirements.
- Perform process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- assist and advise during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations, and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assigning tasks and supervising the progress
- ensure the required services meet the client's applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and their customers.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management, or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
Technical and Industry Experience:
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and their customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of process engineering-specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working on multi-disciplinary projects and teams.