Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Principal Process Engineer, with our internal partner based in Stockton, for a 12 month contract position, to work on an exciting chemical processing plant project.
- Manage process engineering services that meet customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage process engineering project requirements.
- Manage process engineering services such as: - participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and- ensure the required services meet client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to partner and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.