Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Principal Piping Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis, supporting on a number of projects out of their Manchester office this is a great long term secure opportunity
- Deliver piping engineering services that meet the client and their customer's statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise piping engineering project requirements.
- Perform piping engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the piping engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet the client and their customer's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and their customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the piping engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and their customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.