Energy Resourcing are working alongside their internal client in the search of a Principal Piping Engineer, the successful candidate will work on a 12 month duration contract within the area of Aberdeen on a hybrid basis.
- Manage piping engineering services that meet mt client's, its customer's and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage piping engineering project requirements.
- Manage piping engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the piping engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting work-share, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet my clients, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Pro-actively resolve any discrepancies between my client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the piping engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to my client and it's clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and piping engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in piping engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.