About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking for a Principal Piping Designer to be working on their end client's iron ore project that they are supporting. This role will be in the Perth city office on an initial 12 months contract.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the company, the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and supervise, design and drafting assignments on projects requirements on time and within budget.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams, participate in peer reviews, and consult relevant resources as required.
- Communicate effectively with the discipline team, clients and other project stakeholders, and make presentations as required.
- If required, act as the discipline Lead on specific projects.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Where required, prepare or assist in the preparation of project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules and reports.
- Highly effective technical and practical design and drafting skills in the relevant discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its clients.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as Microstation 2D & 3D, S3D, OpenPlant and highly competent in the use of these design software.
- Supervise and Monitor / Train and performance appraisals of Designers
- Experienced in Review of design works and perform tasks within the approved budgets
- Sound in Drafting, Details and conceptual works of Onland long Pipelines, Pump Stations, for Iron Ore Mine sites etc.
- Sound experience on Offshore and Onshore Pipeline Route surveys, Study and Produce route alignment drawings, Pipeline crossing configurations drawings, Tie-in spools, etc.
- Experienced in Pipeline construction drawings, etc
- Experienced in Material Take-off and Quantity Surveying, Bill of Materials etc.
- Approaches Lead to discuss training and development needs.
- Produce work packs & drawings.
- Ensure that the level of design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks.
- Ensure work done conforms to the applicable specifications, codes and standards.
- Liaison with other disciplines on technical issues.