Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Pipe Stress Engineer to join our Aberdeen office. (A remote working pattern is also considered).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an upstream oil and gas project, developing energy resources in the UK North Sea, Offshore West Africa, the United States and Western Canada.
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Identification of risks in the workplace, site and design work being undertaken.
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design.
- To advise lead engineer of required personnel necessary to maintain the project plan.
- Managing change and identifying, formalising and notifying relevant parties within the project.
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
- Contributing to the management of budgets, schedule and quality of projects.
- Give any necessary technical assistance to other members of the design team.
- Driving, control and schedule of workshare using global integrated delivery (GID).
- Experience and detailed knowledge of high pressure and temperature piping systems.
- Knowledge of UK, European and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
- Knowledge of stress analysis for fixed and floating offshore installations.
- Knowledge of stress analysis for underground pipe.
- Able to perform Pipe Stress Analysis using Caesar II.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Principal/Lead position on Oil and Gas and Offshore EPC/EPCm projects.
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment.