Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our client's Stockton on Tees project team on an ongoing contract basis providing mechanical engineering services including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
The successful candidate will be joining our client's large and exciting Gigafactory project which is purposely being built for our client. This role presents an outstanding career opportunity and a chance to embark on an exciting endeavor.
- Manage mechanical engineering services that meet the client's applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Manage mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations, and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet the client's applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and mechanical engineering-specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in mechanical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working on multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management, or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.