Principal Mechanical Engineer
Position: Full time Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Remote at first, but relocation is required)
We have an international client with projects in Africa, Australia, Canada and the Philippines who is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer with strong precious metal mineral processing experience.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer is accountable to manage and direct the multi-discipline engineering / drafting teams to produce outputs that are fit for purpose, in alignment with project requirements and produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the progress and performance of the project engineering team and give input and provide feedback and support where necessary.
- Preparation of manhour budgets and design schedules for Study / EPCM estimates.
- Reporting engineering / drafting progress to Study / Project Managers on a weekly basis or as required. Identification, reporting and management of engineering changes.
- Management of and responsibility for multi-discipline engineering and drafting resources assigned to allocated tasks to achieve agreed deliverable dates and manhour budgets.
- Self-perform and review subordinates’:
- Compliance with applicable Canadian and Study / Project specific Codes and Standards
- Preparation of engineering designs and calculations
- Generation and compilation of engineering and equipment specifications.
- Generation and compilation of equipment data sheets.
- Generation and compilation of engineering lists (equipment / lubrication / spares / valves / pipeline / chute work / platework.
- Plant layout designs and coordination of drafting resources in the preparation of drawing deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Engineering.
- P Eng. Registration.
- More than 15 years’ post graduating in mineral processing and related industries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with mineral processing, precious metals and, mineral processing
- Ability to manage effectively the interaction with Clients on engineering and drafting issues.
- Ability to consistently provide engineering designs and solutions within agreed milestone dates and to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to manage engineering and drafting teams and achieve budget manhours and milestone deliverable dates.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge for mineral processing designs and technologies in various commodities.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical ability within the field of expertise and a broad understanding and knowledge base in the minerals processing engineering field
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Suite.
Who we are?
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance