Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Materials Engineer (Cathodic Protection) to join their client's Manchester project delivery team on a 12 Month Contract contract basis.
Working as part of the Materials discipline as a Coatings and Cathodic Protection Engineer. Candidate must have experience in large-scale projects in the upstream / downstream / refinery and chemical/petrochemical markets, for plants and pipelines. Extensive FEED and EPC & EPC detailed design experience are a must.
- Design of Corrosion Protection systems.
- Coating systems selection, design and specification.
- Cathodic Protection engineering services, design and specification.
- Responsible for Materials and Corrosion activities and deliverables, such as:
- Engineering Specifications.
- Development of Reports/Studies.
- Cathodic Protection Design.
- Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Material Requisitions.
- Vendor Data Review.
- Liaising with counterparts in other Client offices.
- Awareness and review of emerging codes and technologies.
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and its customers.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision whilst maintaining the ability to deliver assigned projects on budget and on time.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Participates in meetings with other members of the project team and Client representatives.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
- Should be able to add value plus/optimization ideas.
- The successful candidate must be a driven professional with strong commercial & business acumen.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy (preferably Chartered Engineer)
- Has proven experience in Cathodic Protection engineering and design in the Oil & Gas, chemical/petrochemical markets.
- Good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable international codes and standards and major Company/Operators standards.
- Should have experience in FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively.
- Good communication skills with peers and customers.
- Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing.