Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Principal/Lead Technical Safety Engineer to join our project delivery team in Aberdeen on a permanent staff basis. A hybrid working model is considered with some time working from the Aberdeen office.
Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation.
In addition, execute and monitor Safety Engineering activities which typically will entail:
- Provision of technical assurance across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Leading and coordinating the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Execution of Hazard Studies
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Recommend where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Check that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To act as the Technical Safety SME on the project work package, supporting the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Chair.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in technical safety is essential.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas desirable.
- FEED and PMC experience is desirable.
- Experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- Experience in working on chemical plant design projects.
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Scribing Experience.
- QRA Experience.
- Right to work in the UK is essential.
- Ability to travel.
- Good communication and team working skills.