Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Instrumentation Engineer to join our client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12 month contract basis.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest oil and gas clients.
- Work activities will include both project and proposal work where both the technical approach and continuity must be aligned.
- Work activities for both projects and proposals will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Projects and proposals are for process plant and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; Power and Energy Transition/ New Energy sectors.
- Project work will include development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project by project basis.
- Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager.
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work.
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, support graduate and young Engineer / designer development.
- Experience in Instrument Engineering and experience in a Lead role on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up.
- Competent in working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
- Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline interface with other Disciplines.
- Experience working in a client-facing large project group environment.
- Very good proactive communicator. The role involves liaison with Client Engineers & Project Management.
- Controlling man-hour budgets and scheduled delivery.
- Degree qualified for the related discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Proven ability for equipment specification and the selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
- Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
- Competent in budget & Schedule control/monitoring and reporting.
- Competent in design safety, and constructability.
- To be able to work to Company standards.
- Innovative when appropriate.
- Competent in Electrical protection methodologies.
- Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis, and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competent in the application, specification, and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience in the system's full lifecycle.
- Competent in the Specification / Design / Implementation of Hazardous Area Instrumentation (ATEX).
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
- Competent in P&ID development.
- Competent in the Sizing of flow devices/control valves/relief devices.
- Automation and Control life cycle activities.
- Safety System life cycle activities.
- Fire & Gas systems.
- Familiarity with the exSILentia software package preferred.
- Experience working with and leading globally integrated delivery teams is preferred.
- CompEx qualified.