Our engineering consulting client is seeking Senior or Lead or Principal Instrumentation Engineers to be working in their Perth city office across their portfolio of oil & gas clients/ projects (sustaining capital). The initial contract is 12 months/ full time with occasional site visits.
- Delivering discipline specific engineering services that meet the company, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate, manage and, if required, supervise engineering resources on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Manage discipline specific engineering activities such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- prepare project documentation such as datasheets, scopes of work, work instructions, input to design drawings.
- prepare and oversee the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions and conduct technical bid evaluations.
- Design for appropriate levels of risk and be conscious of HSE input to all elements of the design
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within the company, with its clients and other stakeholders.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its client's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Significant experience within a similar discipline.
- Hydrocarbons industry experience (highly desired).
- Substantial technical and practical experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.