Our engineering consulting client is seeking Principal Electrical Engineer to be working in their Perth city office across their portfolio of mining and/ or oil & gas clients/ projects (sustaining capital). The initial contract is 12 months/ full time with occasional site visits. Role is to manage and technically support multiple brownfields and greenfields projects with a large team of engieers and desigers.
- Provide specialist technical direction and advice to the discipline, discipline team and project teams;
- Perform and manage discipline specific engineering services
- Lead and manage project engineers for each allocated project for various clients
- Assist in scoping engineering requirements, methodologies and estimating engineering budget for competitive proposals in response to requests for quotations from clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and other company personnel; build relationships to grow the business and networks within the company.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- A recognised Bachelor qualification in the relevant discipline.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status, preferrable
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent, desirable
- Experience in mining, resources and energy is essential
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.