Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting on behalf of their internal partner for a Principal Electrical Engineer join their business on a staff or contract basis for their Stockport office. This is to work on a new and exciting carbon capture project.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet our client and their customers statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress and ensure the required services meet our client and their customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.