Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join our client's Glasgow project delivery team on a 12 month contract basis.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world's largest publicly listed utilities focusing on transmission and distribution of electricity and gas. Our client plays a vital role in connecting millions of people to the energy they use safely, reliably and efficiently.
- Work on both project and proposal work where both the technical approach and continuity must be aligned.
- Work on both projects and proposals which will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Work on projects and proposals which are for process plants and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; Power and Energy Transition / New Energy Sectors.
- Develop Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project-by-project basis.
- Work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Principal Engineer on a large project reporting to the lead Instrument Engineer.
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications, and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work.
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, supporting graduate and junior Engineer/designer development.
- Experienced Instrument Engineer from concept to start-up. Lead experience on Medium / Large capital projects.
- Competency in working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
- Competency to interface with other disciplines.
- Very good communication skills. The role involves liaison with Client Engineers & Project Management.
- A degree qualified for the related discipline.
- Have or are working towards Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Proven ability for equipment specification and the selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
- Competency in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
- Competency in budget & Schedule control/monitoring and reporting.
- Competency in design safety, and constructability.
- Ability to work to Company standards.
- Competent in the Specification / Design / Implementation of Hazardous Area Instrumentation (ATEX).
- Competency in the application, specification, and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience in the system's full lifecycle.
- Competency in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
- Competency in Electrical protection methodologies.
- Competency in Specification, technical bid analysis, and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competency in Sizing of flow devices/control valves/relief devices.
- Competency in P&ID development.
- Experience in Automation and Control life cycle activities.
- Experience in Safety System life cycle activities.
- TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification.
- Experience with Fire & Gas systems.
- Familiarity with the exSILentia software package preferred.
- Experience working with and leading globally integrated delivery teams is preferred.
- CompEx qualified.