Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Control & Instrumentation Designer to join our client's Grangemouth project team on a 12-month contract basis.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work on a large-scale petrochemical and refining project increasing efficiency and sustainability.
The successful candidate will have the flexibility of working from home balanced with attendance in the office.
- Leading the development of C&I work packages for a Main Service Agreement for a Client located in Grangemouth.
- Lead a team of designers both based in the UK and globally to deliver the C&I design package
- Design and production of instrument design deliverables within SmartPlant Instrumentation and SmartPlant 3D. This includes:
- Location Layouts
- Cable Schedules
- Loop Diagrams
- Cable Block Diagrams
- Termination Diagrams
- 3D Cable Modelling (30% to 90%)
- Cable Routing Drawings (combined with Electrical)
- Liaise with cross-discipline departments and equipment package vendors to ensure a coherent interface into the client's I&C design.
- Attend client model reviews.
- Produce CAD drawings where necessary. These could cover location layouts, equipment room layouts, CCTV, fire detection and building services layouts, cable routing, transition layouts, etc.
- Produce instrumentation and I/O schedule from the client's vendor Package P&ID.
- Site Surveys to define the scope of C&I project deliverables.
- Recognise and address potential and actual cross-discipline issues and conflicts so that overall design input to the project is coherent.
- Use and compliance with International and project standards & practices.
- Plan and prioritise own work to ensure that functional project requirements on scope, time, and cost are met.
- Carry out design activities and calculations, including the production of 2D and 3D CAD drawings, schedules, other documents, manhour estimates for CAD work, interpreting clients' technical specifications, and other related activities, to meet project requirements.
- Co-ordinate / liaise and check the deliverables from the GID design team.
- Check the work of more junior engineers, to deliver quality technical input to projects.
- Ensure that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental, and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
- Management of deliverables flow.
- Technical input to design and model reviews.
- Technical input to planning and workflow reviews.
- Technical liaison with Client engineers.
- Technical justification of variations to the client's scope
- Experience within process-related industries ideally within an EPC project environment is preferred however other industries within an instrumentation background are acceptable.
- Substantial relevant engineering experience in a design role is essential. This could include time in an engineering organisation or an operations environment.
- Extensive experience in brownfield projects.
- Excellent knowledge and efficient use of AutoCAD is essential, ideally the candidate should also be proficient in the use of 3D modelling, specifically SmartPlant 3D
- Knowledge of SmartPlant Instrumentation is essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- A degree in Instrumentation or a degree in a relevant engineering discipline would also be an asset.