Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to be working on the end client's new iron ore production ore. Perth city based on an initial 12 months contract - details as follows:
- Reporting to the study lead, you will lead a small team of talented engineers and designers to meet the company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of all civil related elements relating to study of a new iron ore production hub including access roads, construction pads, bulk and detail earthworks associated with a new primary crusher, coarse ore stockpile, screening, secondary crusher, stockyards as well as general mining support infrastructure development and rail development
- Be responsible for the following:
- Scope management
- Promotion of workshare between various company's offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- Support effective communication with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 15 years plus experience in civil engineering design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Experience in Resource Sector preferred with experience in the ferrous sector is highly desirable
- Prior experience in developing concept right to execution phases of a large project
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on technical delivery and service
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to developing civil design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards
- Knowledge of Tier 1 Iron Ore standards & systems knowledge is preferable, but not critical.
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software.
- Worked with team with diverse background