About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering Consulting organization, is seeking for a Principal Civil Engineer to be working across their end clients’ portfolio of mining/ minerals/ metals projects. Perth city based on a staff/ permanent position.
- Manage civil engineering services that meet the company, its customers’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage civil engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the civil engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Eligible for Chartered Engineer Status to Eng Aust.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Civil Engineering (strong technical Earthworks, Roads, Drainage & NPI focus) in the Mining and/or Energy Sectors.
- Pilbara Iron Ore experience required.
- Extensive experience with Lead Civil Engineer roles in Sustaining Capital and Major greenfield projects on EPCM side.
- Strong customer focus; excellent communication and reporting skills
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its clients.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in civil engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Fernandez on 0407 181 977/ firstname.lastname@example.org or Edmund Liu on 0408 961 288/ email@example.com