Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a permanent position for a Primary Steel Lead – to join a world leading Engineering client, to work in any of their regional UK offices in either Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow or London.
- Leading design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
- Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
- Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
- Solving complex technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Developing our SME network for primary steel and a “go-to” for Monopile primary steel.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
- Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skills
- Previous experience in primary steel design for monopile foundations (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
- Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) – SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Track record in delivering offshore wind projects, specifically monopiles.
- Occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.