Portfolio and Strategy Manager
About the Role:
Strategy and Portfolio is responsible for developing the oil and gas marketing strategy, market outlook, portfolio view, and LNG market analysis. You will be responsible for leading a team in support of this strategy, and communicating the strategy to Executives, including regular submissions to the Board. Salary is $200,000/year plus superannuation plus benefits.
The role is based in Perth, Western Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is analytical and strategic in nature and is suited to individuals with a deep understanding of the global energy market fundamentals and players; can take a long-term and global mindset on the risks, challenges, and opportunities in the energy market; and consider a wholistic view of the overall portfolio mix to inform the strategy and tactical marketing decisions.
On a day-to-day basis this role will involve:
- Develop and communicate Marketing Strategy to Executives through written reports and presentations
- Provide thought leadership and ensure comprehensive and up-to-date views on the global LNG/ energy market and sales portfolio, to inform key Marketing decisions
- Coordinate the broader analyst pool in Marketing to ensure standards of excellence and consistency
- Coordinate with the quantitative analyst team on analysis for LNG and gas marketing decisions (deals, risk, pricing, volumes, etc.) and shipping decisions. Including providing valuation/risk and recommendations on LNG portfolio construction decisions and opportunities and coordinating with the Market Risk and Treasury team.
- Drive and support development of new systems, tools, and models to improve delivery of Marketing analysis
- Engage with research houses and consultants on third-party views and to ensure required data and research for the team is in place
Skills & Experience:
As a degree qualified professional your background and education may include experience in variety of sectors, which may include but not limited to international business, finance, engineering, global energy markets, international economics/ commerce, and geopolitics. This will be evidenced by successful delivery of business strategy development, processes, and outcomes, with a focus on the energy sector.
You will bring advanced knowledge of global and market-specific LNG, natural gas, oil, energy, economic and geopolitical market dynamics.
You will leverage this knowledge and understanding of oil and gas Marketing agreements and the external market to drive Marketing strategy and tactics.
As the position will regularly present to Executives, you will possess exceptional team management, interpersonal and communication skills, polished presentation style, and be able to distil complex topics into tangible recommendations and conclusions.Apply Now