Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers. Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex - our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals or individuals with an valid type D work visa or EU Blue Card to work in Milan or Rome. To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PMC or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration. Some Principle accountability's:
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Engineering issues during the EPC phase.
- Setting up Engineering coordination procedures in agreement with the EPC Contractor for an orderly and efficient execution of the work.
- Coordinating communications, clarification and review cycle between EPC Contractor and Licensors.
- Coordinating and supervising the review and approval of EPC Contractor key engineering documents for compliance with Licensor's PDP requirements, operability, maintainability, HSSEQ, and industry best practices.
- Ensuring that the Engineering review and approval is performed on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed schedules and within the approval cycle times set out in the EPC Contract.
- Ensure prompt distribution of EPC Contractor Engineering documents submitted for review and approval and exercise strict control of approval cycle times so that the documents are returned to the EPC Contractor with or without approval, as the case may be, within the prescribed time limits.
- Ensuring that the engineering process produces quality deliverables on a timely basis, consistent with the scope.
- Participating in the design review and analysis consistent with requirements, including consideration of constructability, testability, operability, and maintainability, system interactions; environmental considerations; personnel safety and fire protection; and proper selection of materials.
- Ensuring the orderly technical review coordination, and processing of vendor documents.
- Securing approval from the Owner for the Engineering design in accordance with the EPC Contract requirements.
- Ensuring incorporating, where applicable, the field-requested and/or -initiated changes to Engineering deliverables.
- Ensuring that the quantity takeoffs in support of estimating and for engineered bulk material. procurement/construction planning and monitoring of the design are consistent with the original scope and budget quantities.
- Monitoring the Engineering support to the site to facilitate coordination during construction, commissioning, and startup.
- Ensuring that during the course of the design, signed documentation and records of all Engineering deliverables are maintained, and archived for easy access by the Project and later by the Owner.
- Reviewing programs that continually analyze the design control process and the quality of the design output documents.
- Reviewing programs that use feedback on design output.
- Reviewing the trends and associated potential scope changes and trends in a timely and documented manner and communicating them to the PMC Project Manager and PMC Project Controls Manager.
- Conducting regular formal and inform technical meetings with the Owner to make sure that the Engineering execution of the EPC Contract is consistent with QA/QC requirements and conforms to the EPC Contract scope.