Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
PMC Senior Piping & Layout Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex – our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals or individuals with an valid type D work visa or EU Blue Card to work residentially in Milan or Rome, Italy.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Coordinate and supervise the Mechanical (Piping)Engineering aspects of the Project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Maintenance functions to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
Some of the Principle Accountabilities:
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Mechanical (Piping) Engineering issues during the EPC phase.
- Review and approve the following EPC Contractor’s deliverables like Equipment design and development, Testing of materials, System design, including concept sketches and layouts, specifications and design calculations, Engineering studies and reports.
- Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or Subcontractors and prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
- Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor and Vendors.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
- Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.