PMC QA/QC Lead – Petrochemical EPC
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex is scheduled to start shortly- our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Italy
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Provides overall guidance from a Quality perspective to the Project to ensure that the Project Quality Management System is established and implemented into the overall Project execution strategy.
3. Close monitoring of EPC / FEED Contractor to ensure that Project Quality objectives are met.
4. Provides leadership to the PMC Quality resources,EPC / FEED Contractor and their respective teams.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Quality issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the works.
3. Coordination with PMC Construction Engineers in different disciplines during the Construction phase for their tasks related to Quality Managementactivities.
4. Ensuring that the Project quality procedures are established, maintained and implemented by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
5. Advising thePMC team onquestions of quality, collaborating in the definition of objectives and pursuing them.
6. Scheduling and conducting Project internal quality audits on EPC / FEED Contractor activities.
7. Issuing Audit Reports, monitoringand administering the closure of actions.
8. Witnessing Quality Audits conducted by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
9. Detecting, identifying and recording quality problems and accordingly issuing Project Non-Conformity Reports (NCR)and Observationsto Project Managementand the EPC / FEED Contractor.
10. Reviewing and approving EPC / FEED Contractor’s quality documents
11. Review/Approve Project Quality plan.
12. Review/Approve Quality Control Procedures.
13. Ensure EPC / FEEDContractor’s QA/QC personnel are appropriately qualified.
14. Carry out review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor’s and their nominated
15. Ensure calibration system for inspection, measurement and test measuring equipment is in accordance with EPC / FEED Contract requirements.
16. Monitor N.D.T. activities to ensure that these activities are incorporated with the overall Construction Plan.
17. Reviewand approve the Inspection and Test Plan and witness major activities.
18. Ensure the implementation of the Project Quality Plan for the EPC / FEED Contract.
19. Participating in reviewing the Project Execution Plan (PEP) prepared by EPC / FEED Contractor and ensuring that it addresses the applicable quality requirements to fulfill the overall Project requirements. The Project Execution Plan shall include all applicable forms that are needed to track and follow-up the Project requirements i.e. transmittal logs, control sheets, reports, inspection forms,follow up logs and NCR logs.
20. Monitorthe performance of third-party Inspectors assigned for inspection activities at Vendor’s premises.
21. Ensure that the quality systems of Vendors and Sub-vendors is evaluated by EPC / FEED Contractor and complies with the Project Quality standards.
22. Ensure the auditing of quality system of Vendors and Sub-vendors, by EPC / FEED Contractor, as applicable.
23. Ensurethat corrective and preventive actions raised under NCR’s are implemented to address the root cause (as applicable) and to prevent recurrence.
24. Follow-up NCRs until close-out.
25. Develop the structure and requirements to be addressed in the monthly quality report to be issued by EPC / FEED Contractor.
26. Reviewand approvethe monthly quality report issued by EPC / FEED Contractor.
27. Highlight on aweekly basis andwherenecessary on daily basis,the Project quality management system issues that need to be addressed by Project Management and the Owner.
28. Ensurethat a proper system for QA/QC records is established and maintained by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
29. Ensurethat all EPC / FEED Contract specifications,codes and standards are available.