Job Title: PMC Process Manager – downstream refinery & cracker units
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
3. Provide leadership, supervision, and coordination of Process Engineering staff and detailed design work.
4. Coordinate and supervise the Process Engineering aspects of the Project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
5. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Process related Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices. Closely interface with Owner Process Engineering staff.
6. Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
3. Proficient handling of Engineering detailed design for similar projects with/without licensor units is mandatory.
4. Lead a high caliber Process Engineering group.
5. Interface management with renowned licensors and lead the Process Engineering reviews and discussions along with the Owner as required.
6. Facilitate P&IDs, HAZOP & other Safety reviews as well as fully involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during Engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phases.
7. Ensure compliance with Owner’s requirements; international health, safety & environmental standards and local specific requirements to be applied for major Oil & Gas processing facilities during design, engineering construction and commissioning.
8. Further familiarity with Owner’s requirements
9. Organize and facilitate safety training & programs at site for EPC / FEED Contractors & Owner’s personnel involved in the Project and plant operations.
10. Act as the focal point within PMC Team for coordinating and resolving issues related to Process Engineering with Owner Functions, Third Party Certification Agencies, EPC / FEED Contractor etc. and maintain cordial relationship with all parties concerned to ensure compliance with the Project schedule.
11. Ensure that the Process Engineering team members proposed by the EPC / FEED Contractor are capable to handle the Process engineering issues within the set Project targets.
12. Lead and facilitate agreement with EPC / FEED Contractor on the list of Process deliverables required for the successful completion of Project.
13. Ensure that the EPC / FEED Contractor develops the Engineering Execution Plan, communication procedure etc. in line with Project requirements.
14. Intervention with EPC / FEED Contractor and interface parties to resolve any issue to satisfy Project requirements.
15. Promote HSSEQ awareness and ensure that all Owners HSSEQ requirements are implemented and adhered to.
16. Execute and coordinate Process Engineering activities with EPC / FEED Contractor according to Engineering execution strategy and procedures.
17. Arrange internal audit of Process Engineering activities on a periodic basis and provide recommendations to PMC HSSEQ Manager, Engineering Manager and other responsible parties on how to improve activities, practices, systems and processes.
18. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Project Management issues during the EPC / FEED phases of the Project.