Job Title: PMC HSSEQ Manager
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex – our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Italy
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving HSSEQ issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the works.
3. Coordinating comprehensive and effective HSSEQ input and review during EPC / FEED phase of the works in EPC / FEED Contractor’s Home Offices during the Engineering and Procurement phases and at site during the
Construction, Commissioning and Handover phases of the works.
4. Ensuring effective design HSSEQ management processes that meet both legal/regulatory requirements and Owner’s standards for Engineering work.
5. Ensuring the execution of Project-specific Construction HSSEQ plan/program based on Owner’s expectations.
6. Ensuring that all invitations to Tender include the HSSEQ standards for potential Subcontractors as referenced at the relevant general conditions of Contract.
7. Ensuring that Project emergency medical evacuation arrangements are in place, Project emergency response plans are complete, and current and emergency response drills are conducted on a regular basis.
8. Participating consistently in ongoing HSSEQ performance and progress reviews
9. Addressing EPC / FEED Contractor non-compliance with HSSEQ requirements immediately and firmly.
10. Participating actively in onsite HSSEQ inspections, safety committee meetings, Toolbox talk meetings, safety leadership training, incident investigations, QA/QC internal/external Audits and pre-task planning sessions.
11. Monitoring the timely implementation of corrective actions identified by HSSEQ assessments.
12. Actively monitoring the Project to identify any unexpected subtasks or scope changes that involve the potential for performing hazardous waste services.
13. Ensuring the tracking and transferring the status of appropriate HSSEQ activities (e.g., obtaining permits
incorporating permit conditions into the Project Execution Plan from the design team to the construction team.
14. Monitoring changes in the Project scope or design that may affect HSSEQ issues and activities.
15. Ensuring identification of HSSEQ requirements including design criteria, process systems engineering, managing the environmental impact assessment (EIA) and/or assisting the Owner with environmental permitting and approvals (as appropriate to the job).
16. Development and implementation of Project HSSEQ plans and procedures.
17. Development and implementation of HSSEQ training program for Construction phase of the works.
18. Interface and coordination with Owner’s Operations, Maintenance and HSSEQ management.
19. Management of PMC HSSEQ department staff
20. Manage EPC / FEED Contractor conformance to Project HSSEQ requirements.
21. Lead/participate in Project root cause investigations and communicate lessons learned.
22. Chair weekly HSSEQ meetings with EPC / FEED Contractors.
23. Analysis of Project leading and lagging indicators.
24. Generate and compile HSSEQ performance statistics to report to Owner.
25. Development and implementation of Project behavioral based safety program and Project audit schedule.
26. Provide HSSEQ training as necessary for Owner and EPC / FEED Contractor teams.
27. To support Owner development of HSSEQ programs as required.