PMC Engineering Manager – Italy
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. They are about to start the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Italy
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Engineering issues during the EPC / FEED phase.
3. Setting up Engineering coordination procedures in agreement with the EPC / FEED Contractor for an orderly and efficient execution of the work.
4. Coordinating communications, clarification and review cycle between EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors.
5. Coordinating and supervising the review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor key engineering documents for compliance with Licensor’s PDP requirements, operability, maintainability, HSSEQ, and industry best practices.
6. Ensuring that the Engineering review and approval is performed on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed schedules and within the approval cycle times set out in the EPC / FEED Contract.
7. Ensure prompt distribution of EPC / FEED Contractor Engineering documents submitted for review and approval and exercise strict control of approval cycle times so that the documents are returned to the EPC / FEED Contractor with or without approval, as the case may be, within the prescribed time limits.
8. Reviewing the Engineering execution work plan that clearly defines the engineering deliverables consistent with the technical scope of the EPC / FEED Contract.
9. Reviewing of the Project Engineering organization, its responsibilities, its interfaces, and all necessary coordination requirements.
10. Ensuring that the engineering process produces quality deliverables on a timely basis, consistent with the scope.
11. Independent verification and validation prior to the use of computer programs in the design process.
12. Participating in the design review and analysis consistent with requirements, including consideration of constructability, testability, operability, and maintainability, system interactions; environmental considerations; personnel safety and fire protection; and proper selection of materials.
13. Ensuring the orderly technical review coordination, and processing of vendor documents.
14. Ensuring that contractually required work on environmental impact studies is performed and ensuring that the design complies with all environmental requirements.
15. Securing approval from the Owner for the Engineering design in accordance with the EPC / FEED Contract requirements.
16. Ensuring incorporating, where applicable, the field-requested and/or -initiated changes to Engineering deliverables.
17. Conducting periodic reviews with EPC / FEED Contractor to assess the effectiveness of the design work systems and processes.
18. Ensuring that the quantity takeoffs in support of estimating and for engineered bulk material.
procurement/construction planning and monitoring of the design are consistent with the original scope and budget quantities.
19. Monitoring the Engineering support to the site to facilitate coordination during construction, commissioning, and startup.
20. Ensuring that during the course of the design, signed documentation and records of all Engineering deliverables are maintained, and archived for easy access by the Project and later by the Owner.
21. Reviewing programs that continually analyze the design control process and the quality of the design output documents.
22. Reviewing programs that use feedback on design output.
23. Reviewing the trends and associated potential scope changes and trends in a timely and documented manner and communicating them to the PMC Project Manager and PMC Project Controls Manager.
24. Conducting regular formal and inform technical meetings with the Owner to make sure that the Engineering execution of the EPC / FEED Contract is consistent with QA/QC requirements and conforms to the EPC / FEED Contract scope.
25. Participating in HAZOPS and HAZID and all other Studies with the Owner and EPC / FEED Contractor.