PMC Engineering Manager – downstream refinery
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
3. Responsible for all management aspects, including day-to-day work allocation and supervision, of the PMC Engineering group and the oversight of the EPC / FEED / FEED Contractor during the Engineering and Procurement phases of the Project in the EPC / FEED / FEED Contractor’s Home Offices.
4. To ensure PMC Engineering personnel are competent to perform their duties relating to the scope of work as identified in the PMC Contract.
5. To provide leadership in the development and implementation of engineering processes, procedures and systems operating within the Engineering group.
6. To ensure the Engineering group is resourced with the correct disciplines and size to deliver against the requirements of the PMC Contract.
7. To provide independent Project Management Consultancy services and technical opinion, and advice related to short falls, recovery plans, minimizing potential risks and maintaining overall Project progress during the Engineering and Procurement phases in the EPC / FEED Contractor’s Home Offices.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Engineering issues during the EPC / FEED phase.
3. Setting up Engineering coordination procedures in agreement with the EPC / FEED Contractor for an orderly and efficient execution of the work.
4. Coordinating communications, clarification and review cycle between EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors.
5. Coordinating and supervising the review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor key engineering documents for compliance with Licensor’s PDP requirements, operability, maintainability, HSSEQ, and industry best practices.
6. Ensuring that the Engineering review and approval is performed on a timely basis in accordance with the agreed schedules and within the approval cycle times set out in the EPC / FEED Contract.
7. Ensure prompt distribution of EPC / FEED Contractor Engineering documents submitted for review and approval and exercise strict control of approval cycle times so that the documents are returned to the EPC / FEED Contractor with or without approval, as the case may be, within the prescribed time limits.
8. Reviewing the Engineering execution work plan that clearly defines the engineering deliverables consistent with the technical scope of the EPC / FEED Contract.
9. Reviewing of the Project Engineering organization, its responsibilities, its interfaces, and all necessary coordination requirements.
10. Ensuring that the engineering process produces quality deliverables on a timely basis, consistent with the scope.
11. Independent verification and validation prior to the use of computer programs in the design process.
12. Participating in the design review and analysis consistent with requirements, including consideration of constructability, testability, operability, and maintainability, system interactions; environmental considerations; personnel safety and fire protection; and proper selection of materials.
13. Ensuring the orderly technical review coordination, and processing of vendor documents.
14. Ensuring that contractually required work on environmental impact studies is performed and ensuring that the design complies with all environmental requirements.
15. Securing approval from the Owner for the Engineering design in accordance with the EPC / FEED Contract requirements.
16. Ensuring incorporating, where applicable, the field-requested and/or -initiated changes to Engineering deliverables.
17. Conducting periodic reviews with EPC / FEED Contractor to assess the effectiveness of the design work systems and processes.
18. Ensuring that the quantity takeoffs in support of estimating and for engineered bulk material.
procurement/construction planning and monitoring of the design are consistent with the original scope and budget quantities.