PMC Construction Manager
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex – our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Italy
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Construction issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the works.
3. Ensure an effective safety plan on Construction Site during construction, pre- commissioning, commissioning and start-up of the Project.
4. Seeking consultations with and assistance from the relevant PMC home office disciplines, as required.
5. Attending construction weekly review meetings and monthly progress meetings and ensure the recording of significant agreements reached and/or joint decisions made between all parties.
6. Fostering an atmosphere of fruitful and active cooperation and team-work between PMC, EPC / FEED
Contractor, and Owner’s responsible Construction Site personnel, while maintaining a vigilant attention to the required standards and quality of work.
7. Seeking agreements with the Owner on procedures and requirements for closing out EPC / FEED Contractor site activities at the Construction Site completion.
8. Coordinate with Licensors for Construction Site visits/inspections at site.
9. Review EPC / FEED Contractor’s Construction procedures, specifications, method statements and fabrication drawings.
10. Review EPC / FEED Contractor’s Construction, organization, coordination procedures, manpower plans and schedules.
11. Review all matters related to constructing engineering and provide Constructability input to 30/60/90% Model Reviews.
12. Monitor the allocation of all Construction resources in consideration of relative priorities to meet the
Construction program and recommend any appropriate corrective actions where shortage of resources might
prejudice the work program.
13. Monitor the planned and actual delivery of equipment and material to site and the handling, storage,
maintenance, preservation and installation of such equipment and materials.
14. Review and approval of Permit to Work and coordination with Owner Operations and Maintenance personnel as necessary.
15. Review and monitor the work performed by the EPC / FEED Contractor and monitor quality and compliance with Contract and Project Schedule.
16. Ensure EPC / FEED Contractor compliance with drawings and specifications on all areas of the Project.
17. Supervise Construction inspection activities carried out by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
18. Monitor and coordinate the corrective actions and recommendation of the Construction work performed by EPC / FEED Contractor.
19. Verify that the work and corrective work is performed in compliance with the EPC / FEED Contract and Owner safety regulations and that workmanship of work and corrective work performed is in accordance with appropriate standards of quality.
20. Monitor and audit the progress of work at site against the Project schedule, using information provided in the EPC / FEED Contract and report to Owner any delays in the work and propose actions to correct such delays.
21. Approval of the Mechanical Completion and Ready for Commissioning Certificates.
22. Monitor the compilation, and review the content, of Construction Work Packs and Close-out dossiers.
23. Evaluate Project EPC / FEED Contractor Construction Site claims for Contract Change Orders and/or Schedule extensions submitted by EPC / FEED Contractor with recommendation to approve/reject or modify as appropriate.
24. Approve Project EPC / FEED Contractor`s physical progress reports based on which, progress payments will be made.
25. Ensure that the EPC / FEED Contractor prepare and issue relevant “marked-up as-built” drawings and review them before EPC / FEED Contractor leaves Construction Site, to be issued in their final form by EPC / FEED Contractor in the final Handover dossiers, which shall include all Project documentation, Vendors data book, Operations and Maintenance procedures etc.