Our client, a well established precision injection moulding and manufacturing business, based in Stockton are recruiting a permanent Plant Maintenance Supervisor to join their team. Working in a modern facility, you will lead a team and have active involvement in the maintenance activities for plant & equipment to ensure production targets are met.
Ensure that the day to day engineering work across all the plant is being carried out to a high standard; and that work is carried out in a safe and professional manner. Maintenance work will be carried out on all key equipment including tooling, building maintenance and engineering processes. The manager will also be expected carry out and aid in all planned maintenance and repairs and lead by example.
- Organise and plan maintenance alongside the production team and the directors.
- Order new equipment and parts as and when needed.
- Prioritise safe working practices.
- Review T Cards issued throughout the production hours of the plant and plan accordingly.
- Update EMAX System with T-Card details, planned maintenance information and Asset register.
- Complete workload time sheet in preparation to weekly meetings.
- Routine maintenance of key plant as per TPM schedule.
- Repairs to key plant and building infrastructure as required.
- Management of all maintenance/spare's stocks.
- Close liaison with Operations Director (spares/replacement parts etc.)
- Minor tooling repair and manufacture.
- Machinery/equipment installation/replacement/repair.
- Comply with applicable company procedures.
- Ensure safe working particularly 'hot work'.
- If working with an apprentice, ensure day to day management and aiding in their development.
- Maintain cleanliness both on the shop floor and maintenance area [including the maintenance office].
- Previous experience in a plant maintenance role (electrical bias)
- Critical and logical thinker.
- Can prioritise workload to ensure production is operational.
- Able to feedback issues and provide an overview of work carried out.
- Knowledgeable of processes and equipment used
- Provide support to production team by carrying out reactive and proactive maintenance.
- Ensure that all work outlined by managers in carried out to high standards in a timely manner.
- Transfer knowledge to apprentice engineers.