Location: Houston, TX
We are looking for a Plant Director to lead a newly formed manufacturing plant located in Houston, TX. This ambitious new venture is expected to open its doors at the end of 2023 and requires someone with the right combination of experience and leadership qualities.
The Plant Director will report to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the overall operation of the plant. This includes capital equipment installation, scheduling, inventory management, production, maintenance, human resources, quality, and logistics.
We are seeking an individual that is a highly motivated, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a diverse workforce. If you have the qualifications and experience in the manufacturing industry and you're looking for an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a culture of respect, resilience, and safety throughout the operation.
- Ensure the implementation of procedures and plans to meet or exceed customer needs and requirements while maximizing profits and managing costs.
- Hire, train, appraise, develop, and motivate production and management team members to handle a large ramp-up from nothing to full capacity.
- Manage improvement and capital projects, such as purchasing and installing new equipment and constructing and starting new facilities.
- Promote and implement continuous improvement in all areas of the operation and business.
- Coordinate with marketing, sales, procurement, accounting, quality, engineering, and operations teams across the corporation to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of quality products.
- Direct the management of raw materials and hardware requirements to ensure adequate materials are always available.
- Oversee the management of production activities, including capacity planning, scheduling, logistics, machinery uptime, and throughput goals.
- Direct the management of the Order preparation department to ensure the product is managed, retrieved, modified, and customized as required per customer specifications and RS standards.
- Analyze, manage, and develop operational and staffing budgets to optimize cost performance.
- Develop and implement effective work instructions in compliance with technical and ISO quality standards.
- Maintain positive and constructive employee relations, utilizing an open-door policy.
- Represent and promote the company and its products to customers, suppliers, and visitors to the RS facility.
- Ensure that maintenance of machinery and equipment, including forklifts, achieves production targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations management, with at least 5 years of experience managing large-scale projects, including a plant start-up and ramp-up.
- Experience with ERP/MRP implementation and start-up or relevant experience with shop-floor documentation, work orders, inventory control, scheduling, and QC data management.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma and 5S principles.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must work across all functional departments within the company and demonstrate the ability to form productive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Possess experience managing people and projects through cross-functional teams and external resources.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal professionally and persuasively with customers, suppliers, and internal staff.
- Highly developed organizational, analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, "can do" team player, demonstrating integrity and an excellent work ethic.
- Competent user of MS Office Suite or similar internet tools and knowledge of data files and communication systems used in a business with distributed employees
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance