About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking Piping Engineer to work on their end clients' sustaining capital projects in both mining and/ or oil & gas resources industries that they are supporting. This role will initially be based in their Perth city office, on an initial 12 months contract.
- Deliver piping engineering services that meet the company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform piping engineering services such as:Identify and report changes to project scope;Assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Skills and Experience
- Sound technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its customers.
- A working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry.