Pipeline and Facilities Design and Field Engineer
Position: Contract- 1-2 Years
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is currently recruiting for a Pipeline and Facilities Design and Field Engineer that will be accountable for providing pipeline and facilities FEED, Detailed Design Engineering Reviews and field engineering project support. The incumbent will typically work closely with and report to the Sr. Project Construction Manager, Project Engineer, Safety Representative, EPCM Contractor(s) and other skilled or semi-skilled craft persons at the Contractors design office and on the jobsite to ensure successful project completion and close out.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Owners Project Management Team and jobsite work crews to ensure the successful completion of on-going or new projects.
- Reviews engineering deliverables, documents, drawings, and specifications; including all project deliverables for completeness and accuracy for IFC/IFU.
- Works in the field during pre-construction and construction as Owners Engineer Representative.
- Assist in the tracking of daily field progress, change order tracking and true up and quality tracking, reporting progress against schedule.
- Assists in the development of additional scope of work, bid proposals for upcoming pipeline construction and services projects when assigned to the office.
- Estimates costs to be incurred for current project and in upcoming projects accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
- Performs drafting, charging and similar graphical work, field drawings and as built support data.
- Interprets project plans and specifications.
- Understand DOT 192, API, ASME, NACE, NEC, and all other standard and specifications for pipeline engineering and construction.
- Inventories, checks, examines and measures materials received to ensure quality and quantity.
- Provides work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Understands Centerline Survey, TOPO Graphic Surveys, Alignment Sheets, Temporary Work Space, Additional Temporary Works Space, FERC associated compliance.
- Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required by planning and payment quantities and also provides quantity calculations as required.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- A B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering/Construction Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5-10 years of Prior hands-on work experience in the onshore and offshore pipeline construction industry as a pipeline engineer and experienced field pipeline engineer is required.
- The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management & Administration, Pipeline and Facilities Construction Materials, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control, Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.
- The incumbent must have the ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the business; be an effective communicator; and have the ability to interface well with employees at all levels of the organization.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance