Position: Contract- 3 months
Location: Houston, TX (Work from Home)
Our client’s passion is to be a part of the solution to the climate crisis that we are facing and are working diligently to shape a more sustainable future. By understanding the demand for change and what is involved, our client is creating jobs that will help positively drive their mission forward. With this said our client is looking to hire Payroll Specialist to join the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist the Payroll team with payroll processing duties and responsibilities, as needed.
* Assist the Payroll team with auditing, reconciling payroll related items, as needed.
* Audit responsibilities include reconciliation of monthly and pay period payroll reports, preliminary payroll audits, and any other payroll related benefits with the appropriate parties.
* Ensuring the accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishment, liens, direct deposit requests, 401(k) loans, etc.
* Analyzing regular and special reports through HRIS/Payroll system reporting.
* Investigate and respond to complex inquiries
* Ensures legal compliance in completing all paperwork including all Federal, State and Local laws regarding payroll administration.
* Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll.
* Partnering with third parties on successful resolution of payroll processes and activities.
* 3-5+ years of payroll experience
* ADP/ADP Vantage payroll experience is a strong plus.
* High degree of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* High level of attention to detail.
* Ability to multitask and work independently with a high degree of confidentiality.
* Knowledge of Federal and State Garnishment regulations and processing.
* Knowledge of multi-state tax withholding reciprocity agreements and how to process.
* Willingness to work overtime as needed.
* Ability to work and communicate successfully with remote teams.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance