Location: Remote (US Based/Houston Preferred)
Energy Resourcing is expanding our team and we are excited to announce we are seeking candidates to join our team to lead the North America Payroll and Benefits function. We are looking for a hands-on payroll leader to build and scale our payroll and benefits team for North America. This newly created role will be responsible for all aspects of our North America payroll functions. In this role, you will have a team to direct and manage and could be located anywhere within the United States, but a strong preference will be given to candidates that reside in Houston, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for over 300 employees and contractors
- Drive ongoing process optimization and improvement that will scale with ERG employee growth to reduce manual processes, simplify procedures, and impact key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure the proper processing and reporting of salary, equity, bonuses, and benefits
- Implement best practices for timekeeping operations
- Ensure policies and procedures manuals are up to date and maintained by payroll personnel
- Review and approve all quarterly and year-end filings (e.g., 941’s, W-2s)
- Manage the preparation of relevant management reports and key performance indicators (KPIs), including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (e.g., gross payroll, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Ensure best practices for regular audits of earnings, payroll taxes, and annual reporting are performed and are effective to avoid duplicates or over/under payments
- Manage relationships with payroll software and benefits providers
- Stay abreast of existing and new payroll legislation to ensure compliance and advise management.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with all levels of the organization and communicate actively with key business partners (e.g., HR, FP&A, Accounting, Tax)
- Provide subject matter expertise for cross-functional projects
- Preparing ledger entries with earnings and deductions.
- Reconciling payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Reviewing payroll information and maintaining payroll files.
- Reviewing salaries, overtime earnings, and vacation deductions.
- Generating payroll reports for Managers to review.
- Updating payroll systems, including employment hires and terminations.
- Preparing payroll and tax reports for federal, state, and local agencies when required.
- Attending to payroll inquiries from employees.
- Managing garnishment, SUI, and other state agency requests.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or equivalent in education and experience)
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Payroll Manager, or in a similar role processing payroll
- Proficiency in Payroll Software and Excel
- Extensive experience in preparing ledger entries and processing payments
- In-depth knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local tax laws
- Experience in preparing payroll and tax reports, as well as answering payroll inquiries
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with automated multi-corporation, multi-state, payroll processing
- Experience with Canadian payroll tax and accounting principles is considered a plus Payroll software implementation experience strongly preferred
- Able to successfully own and manage their own work accountability, while developing the capabilities of their team in a remote work environment
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills required; take a practical approach to solve issues and gaining client agreement
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance