We are recruting for an Offshore Operations Technician to join our Aberdeen based leading operators for an adhoc contract.
The Operations Technician is an essential member of the offshore Production/Operations Team and is accountable for the safe operation of plant equipment and systems to ensure delivery of the business objectives, timely resolution of operational issues and enhancing the competency within their teams.
- Accountable for the operation, control and monitoring of process plant and utility systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company’s Safety Management system.
- Demonstrate high standards of commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the safety and environmental performance of the site through active involvement in risk assessments, audits, tool box talks.
- Safely and efficiently operate process equipment and utility systems within design parameters and in accordance with operating procedures and as directed by the Control Room Operator.
- Carry out watch keeping duties to ensure integrity and stability of operation is maintained.
- Devising and implementing safe isolation of processing equipment and systems for maintenance activities.
- Safe and efficient reinstatement of process equipment and systems following shutdown or maintenance activities in full compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for first line operations fault finding and rectification in order to ensure safe and efficient operational delivery.
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift and crew change.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will safely increase efficiency in production, cost or time without loss of integrity.
- Participate in competence scheme including any multi skilled role in accordance with the relevant competence framework.
- Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success.
- Deliver daily, weekly, and monthly production activities on the site, ensuring the facility achieves the required integrity and efficiency standards to reach targeted hydrocarbon production targets.
- Ensure site operations are consistently delivered within relevant regulatory consent limits.
- Ensure all members of the production team achieve outstanding performance in meeting Company’s targets of HSE and efficiency.
- Demonstrate excellent safety behaviours at all times and ensure Company’s safety aspirations are communicated and maintained.
- Contribute to managing and delivering emergency response actions in the event of accidents or incidents under the direction of OIM or other relevant persons.
- Ensure safe shutdown, isolation and blowdown of relevant plant during emergency situations.
- Encourage defect elimination and continuous improvement principles to maximize production efficiencies and avoid unplanned shutdowns and production losses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Team Leader such as taking part in training, developing new recruits, preparing necessary reports, plant shutdown and start-up procedures, etc.
- Recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Level 3 NVQ – Processing Operations – Hydrocarbons or equivalent
- Level 3 NVQ – Maintaining Plant & Systems or working towards
- ISSOW Level 2
- Advanced Gas Tester Level 1
- Production Isolation Authority
Skills & Experience
- Computer literate with a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable understanding of process safety and MAH prevention.
- Understanding of production loss elimination and production optimization
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and be able to apply it in the workplace.
- Demonstrates the client values in the way work is carried out.IND1