Energy Resourcing are recruiting for an Operations Readiness and Commissioning & Start-Up Engineer, with our oil and gas operator client, for a 12 month contract position based in Great Yarmouth.
- Be accountable for the assigned Operations Readiness and Commissioning & Start-Up (OR/CSU) deliverables in accordance with applicable standards and plans
- Provide support in the Asset Owner Readiness space for the production unit in the development and coaching of operate phase deliverables and personnel
- Overall compliance with the operational and commissioning requirements as from client standards
- Manage operational assurance reviews within assigned work scopes to ensure the proposed scope meets Operations expectations (including availability) and that the operational risks are ALARP
- Accountable for assigned commissioning activities within turnaround campaign
- A member of the Projects & Turnaround management team, working closely together to deliver the modifications and project scopes Commissioning specific activities Detailed below are some of the more specific commissioning activities and skills expected:
- Preparation of Commissioning Procedures and Handover Documentation
- Onshore/ Offshore Commissioning (individually and leading integrated team with construction & pre commissioning contractor).
- Onshore/ Offshore Fault finding / rectification.
- Onshore commissioning support to operations
- Support for 3rd party assurance close out / findings / actions.
- Support Ready for Start Up activities (trackers / audits etc.).
- Managing vendors for commissioning activities.
- Provide commissioning spares support.
- Experience in TA and projects/modifications with experience as a CSU engineer accountable for delivering various scope of modifications and projects.
- Broad experience in an operational environment, preferably with some of it in an offshore environment.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance, broad understanding of key disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, rotating).
- Ability to collaborate effectively within the Asset with Operations and Discipline Engineering.
- Strong cost drive and cost conscious 'spend it like your own' mindset.
- Good understanding of Integrated Activity Planning and shutdown planning
- Ability to motivate and influence others and work through others to deliver the desired results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum Qualifications: HNC / HND or equivalent in engineering or hydrocarbon subject matter.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently, but also capable of integrating into a multi-discipline, multi-cultural team.