Glasgow, G2 5AD
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Onshore Manage To work with one of the world leading Energy company, for a provisional 6-month contract based in Glasgow.
The Onshore Manager will manage and coordinate all activities related to the discharge of the DCO consenting conditions and get the project ready to start construction.
Once construction has started, the Onshore Manager will be responsible to manage and coordinate onshore works, as well as stakeholder’s management (i.e, interface with Parish councils, highways department, etc).
- Coordinate activities during the pre-construction phase to allow projects to commence to construction meeting the required timescales, safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Obtain the consents, permissions and rights necessary for the commencement of construction.
- Procure and complete pre-construction works not included within the main EPC contractors work scopes to allow main construction to start. These works are likely to include but not be limited to:
- Highway widenings
- Junction improvements
- Archaeology clearance
- Pre-construction drainage
- Access roads
- Temporary compounds
- Coordinate with compliance team, project packages, engineering and other stakeholders to ensure consenting conditions, pre-construction works, and mitigations are completed in time to start construction activities according to project time necessities. Communicate findings and impacts to EA Hub GRID Execution Manager and affected departments.
- Manage and report risks
- Manage and control assigned budget.
- Develop and monitor activities through programme.
- Track and meet invoice and payment milestones.
- Procure studies, pre-construction works and engineering services during the Pre-Construction Stage.
- Support preparation/coordination of pre-engineering documentation.
- Liaise with Engineering Dept to coordinate engineering requirements.
- Liaise internally and with clients to put in place appropriate procurement processes to deliver projects
- Coordinate CDM-C and other Safety resources during the initial Pre-Construction stages where necessary.
- Deliver site works during the Pre-Construction Phase meeting safety, quality and environmental standards
- Manage and report on expenditures during pre-construction stage using financial tools.
- Contract management of suppliers during the Pre-Construction stage e.g. Engineering Consultants and Contractors (site investigations etc)
- Conduct Progress, co-ordination and interface meetings with the various teams involved in the project.
- Candidates with relevant Pre-Construction Project management, construction and/or commercial line management experience
- Experiencing of managing large complex projects.
- Deep understanding of the process to discharge the DCO consenting conditions is a must.
- People leadership to form and motivate teams from diverse discipline areas to construct infrastructure projects successfully
- Meeting/exceeding customer expectations on construction projects.
- Give direction in application of all safety procedures in combination with H&S legislation requirements.
- Major electrical transmission project delivery including, Civil, Overhead Line & Cable Construction Works.
- Project Pre- Construction within time, budget, quality and safety parameters.
- Deep understanding of the process to discharge the DCO consenting conditions.
- Infrastructure and service contracts and contractor management.
- Project management Institute methodology and other industry leading tools.
- Commercial and financial controls.
- Sound commercial contract management in FIDIC and NEC FIDIC, ICE and be capable of developing specific terms and conditions where required.
Awareness or Working Knowledge:
- Relevant legislation and regulations impacting on the project packages.
- The Infrastructure market in offshore windfarms and the key regulatory drivers.
- Requirements and procedures of Major Infrastructure projects.
- Sound awareness of strategic aims and targets of the business.
- Benchmarking and market testing tools and techniques.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Well-honed commercial and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in delivering complex projects and maintaining client relationships.
- Coaching, facilitation and mentoring skills.
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills