Energy Resourcing are currently searching for a Onshore Decommissioning Lead to join a world leading Enviromental company based in Manchester or Bristol to drive growth and provide expertise in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
This an exciting opportunity to be an intergal part of a quickly growing company and utilise your own thoughts/initiatives.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The Decommissioning Consultant will be responsible for the business performance and continuing growth of the onshore Decommissioning and Closure Group in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The Decommissioning Consultant will be responsible for supporting bids and proposals, project delivery and new business development.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the development of the onshore Decommissioning and Closure consultancy practice and shape the direction and growth of this part of the business.
Duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Champion the development of the onshore Decommissioning & Closure (D&C) business in Europe, Middle East and Africa;
- Lead and participate in the identification, pursuit and winning of D&C opportunities, as well as successful delivery of projects;
- Contribute onshore D&C expertise to proposals, key pursuits and projects;
- Understand onshore D&C market sectors, changing trends and developments, market opportunities, competitive threats and organisational capabilities to develop optimal strategic responses;
- Work with business development teams and Customer Relationship Managers to identify client needs and opportunities both as stand-alone work packages and as a component of larger pursuits; and
- Maintain contact with decision makers and influencers in key customer organisations;
- Support the Global technical networks and interface with other regional offices and teams in North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific;
- Support clients and project teams by helping to clarify expectations, align objectives, and address project management concerns;
- Manage D&C team members; and
- Deliver profitable consulting services to ensure a sustainable consulting business is maintained.
- Extensive downstream oil and gas, petrochemical and industrial facility end-of-life processes (deactivation, decommissioning, decontamination and demolition), with a focus on onshore decommissioning and remedition work
- Direct experience with:
- Handover objectives, processes and documentation
- Project scoping, schedule development and cost estimation
- Contractor engagement and management
- Equipment and material assessments
- Hazardous materials survey and abatement
- Asset recovery, salvage, recycling
- Air-gapping, de-energisation, depressurisation of infrastructure
- Infrastructure and utilities protection
- Purging and venting of piping and vessels
- Decontamination of asbestos, lead, NORMs, mercury, PCBs
- Lifting and rigging
- Engineered and controlled falls
- Demolition and dismantling
- Waste stream optimization and management
- Ongoing project reporting, stakeholder communication and closeout documentation
- Broad knowledge of engineering design processes
- Pursuit identification and development, including customer facing experience;
- Established long- and short-term service relationships with clients via regular contact and involvement;
- Track record of effective team development (e.g. recruitment, resourcing and professional development);
- Engineering or environmental-related degree (or equivalent, demonstrated experience);
- Extensive knowledge of waste management protocols and regulations;
- Experience with soil and groundwater remediation;
- Chartership with relevant professional association and project manager certification;
- Strong technical writing and communication skills; and
- Willingness to travel to facilities, plants, and locations, as required.